View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #17
diamante
piedra preciosa
diamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Oasis 6", Kindle Voyage, Sony PRS-350, etc.
SONY, please read this

boxcorner, that sounds great! I actually use Windows (both XP and Vista -- which probably complicates file location issues), but it would be nice to have this stuff "documented" for all platforms, and it would be great to be able to back up annotations from either a Reader device or from any version of Reader Library.

Bookworm_Girl: Can you tell I'm slightly annoyed by Sony? Their tech support people in El Salvador seemed to think I was crazy to want to know how to restore annotations to an e-book reader. "After all, it's a reader," they told me. I don't understand what the mystery is -- hasn't backing up and restoring data been around since the dawn of the computer age? (And by the way, Sony, to back up Kindle notes, you simply copy the MBP file for your book, on either your device or your computer -- that's it!!) If they are going to give us the ability to make all kinds of highlights and notes, is it really so surprising that we are going to ask how to save this stuff? When I was on the phone with their tech support people and they were telling me it was impossible, I asked if they meant to tell me that if I replaced my Sony Reader with a new one I wouldn't be able to transfer my annotations to it, and they said "That's right." It's not right, and they need to teach their tech support people about this stuff, or at least put a FAQ online so that customers don't flame them. Sony, your tech support people can be in Antarctica for all I care, but please, make sure they know the products they are supporting.
diamante is offline   Reply With Quote