View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 12:30 PM   #1146
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Why not just use the book marks in your browser? Or do you mean to get to a page specific to a book. And that is what the identifiers do. And you can set a URL for authors. And there is a Search the Internet plugin.

Have a look at the Open With plugin.

But the question is what to do with them. I assumed you wanted to put them in a book. But, what BR said makes more sense and using an existing tool such as he suggested is the way to do this.

Look at the Open With plugin. And calibre has its own Open With function.

@Rellwood: When you make a suggestion, you need to give details of what you want to do or want to achieve. Of these suggestions, only the last comes anywhere near giving me an idea of what you actually want. Or why it is needed in calibre rather than some external tool.

Regarding bookmarks on my browser, I guess I should actually set those. They are not organized at all. This is an all day task. I just wanted to be able to load a toolbar plugin similar to Internet Search that can be programed with bookmarks of my choosing that are not based on books, or book url.
I understand that clicking on the details give a quick link to the author, etc., but I was thinking that there might be some websites that a user would go to when dealing with their library without having to specifically open the browser and hunting down the bookmarks (for those of us who have yet to organize their bookmarks). It's not a big deal. I just have it on my Directory Opus and would like to see it in Calibre. It would follow the same gui and customization as Internet Search. Whether the author would like to create it pre-loaded with specific sites, it would be up to them. However the space for setting the URLs in whatever order, and importing icons would be the main function. Again, this is a quibble that probably would be redundant.

Regarding "Open With" - it seems to only activate when a book format is entered. I was hoping to open any .exe with or without the need to link it to book formats. An example would be to open Notepad++, or SQ Database Browser, Word, Excel, or even a utility. Again, this might be redundant as most programs are easily found on most desktops.

I need to re-read your post.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote