View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 02:33 PM   #35
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by sondermann View Post
I noticed that I cannot highlight text in converted kfx books nor does the device (Paperwhite 2) display page numbers, only location numbers.
The missing page numbers are caused by the Kindle Previewer ignoring page numbers in the source EPUB. I tried it with EPUBs containing either an NCX pagelist or a page-map.xml and in both cases no page number information is produced by the Previewer. There is nothing I can do to fix this.

I can verify that attempting to highlight text in a sideloaded KFX does not work on my Paperwhite either. Internally the app crashes with "cvm[4145]: java.lang.NullPointerException: match". This is most likely due to something wrong in the KFX file produced by the plugin. I will try to fix it, but since KFX is undocumented it is a trial and error process.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote