View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #13
meson1
meson1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meson1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meson1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meson1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meson1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meson1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meson1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meson1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meson1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meson1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meson1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Espresso Kobo Aura HD
I needed to mark up a book with two different types of separator. One a solid line and the other a dashed line, both in the centre of the page. A regular <hr/> accompanied with identical left and right margins to center it worked fine.

But once I started trying to show two different styles I struggled to get my Kobo Aura HD to render <hr/> separators properly. They displayed fine in Sigil and fine in Calibre. But the Kobo was showing them in a barely visible grey colour until I came up with the following:

Code:
hr.line {
    border-color: black;
    border-top: medium solid black;
    border-left: none;
    border-right: none;
    border-bottom: none;
    height:0px;
    margin-bottom: 2em;
    margin-left: 42%;
    margin-right: 42%;
    margin-top: 2em;