Old 10-19-2017, 10:03 PM   #4
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Other than that, I can't see a problem with the steps. But, I have to ask, why are you doing a factory reset? What problem are you trying to solve?
Thanks for your prompt, complete and very kind reply

I'm currently on firmware 3.12.1 and it's quite fast on my Kobo Aura.

If it weren't for a page refresh bug (Chapter refresh actually regreshes the screen after every page) it would be perfect... so I'm looking for a (as near as possible) bug free, old screen, simple features, slim and fast firmware version.

That would be firmware 3.19.5761 from what I've read so far.

Problem is, I tried to side load an update to 3.19.5761 (without removing the uSD) and it got bricked. I had an internal memory backup for 3.12.1, so I hard/manual factory reseted the Kobo, restored my 3.12.1 internal memory backup. Fojas cero as they say.

Then, I tried to side load an update to 4.2.8432 (without removing the uSD, again). It didn't got bricked but it didn't read my uSD ebooks even after a succesful Calibre sync... so, hard/manual factory reset, restore 3.12.1 internal memory backup. Fojas cero one more time.

Right now I'm trying to figure out a way to not stay stuck on 3.12.1, improve my reading (page refresh) experience... without re loading the whole 14.747 ebooks from scratch: Calibre helps, but only uploading to the uSD batches of 500 or so ebooks at a time (or so it goes for me, before the sync process fails with errors)

Grateful for any advice,

Incanus
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote