View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
CapnGoat
CapnGoat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
Have you confirmed that there are no books being indexed?
After the factory reset I'm left with the 2 default dictionaries (Oxford and New Oxford American) as well as the "Kindle User's Guide, 3rd Ed.". I had previously backed up my books that I had stored on the Kindle and haven't moved them back yet.

As far as my search, for what indexing would look like on a Kindle, conducts indexing would only happen after registering/setting up the Kindle. After the factory reset I decided not to do that until I found a way to update to 3.4 because I assumed that along the way I would be asked to make factory resets multiple times. Reregistering every time would be a very tedious task.

I will register my Kindle now and see if the update requires a registered Kindle to work. If that is in fact the case, I'd be surprised that Amazon would do such a thing.

Edit: Just as I suspected, registering didn't change anything either. I still end up with the U007 error.

Last edited by CapnGoat; 10-10-2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Registered my Kindle and tried to update to 3.4 once more. It failed and the U007 error is starting to laugh at me.
CapnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote