View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 10:00 PM   #108
chuckz
Enthusiast
chuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watch

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiessl View Post
[*] Bug (?): In landscape mode, documents can not be zoomed in/out. The zoom level is fixed to fit the width of the page. For documents with a lot of space landscape-zooming would be desirable.
I've just bought mine for $99 at Target - after having returned Kindle Touch that is cheap for good reasons (stripped down as compared to Kindle 3).

The screen is great - due to a better resolution you can read smaller fonts.
Still I'd like to be able to change font - not only the font size.

And lack of zoom in the landscape view is really something not simply annoying but just surprising - it is so obviously needed!
I am not sure why they skipped this feature.
I used to own Pocketbook 301+: you switch to the landscape and the characters are automatically scaled to fit the screen.
That's the purpose of landscape mode - what's the use of it if the characters stay the same size as in the letter mode? Of course, I can fiddle with the letter view: count the pixels and make the page exactly the size that would fit the screen after switching to the landscape mode.
But that should be done by the reader software.

(I am speaking about image-scanned pdfs)

I am going to leave them a feedback on their site if possible.
Is there a forum on the iriver site?. I did not notice.
chuckz is offline   Reply With Quote