View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 06:04 AM   #38
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freediver007 View Post
Hi there! I don't have much programming experience when it comes to the iRex, but I would LOVE to have the possibility to put my DR1000 in a standby mode (e.g. suspend to RAM). Currently the boys from Irex have removed or disabled this posibility from the 2.0 firmware (due to power management issues??), but sometimes it is extremely annoying to wait for the device to boot up every time before I can continue reading. Do you know if it would be possible to enable this feature in a similar way that you enabled the shutdown mode for the DR800?

(PS: sorry for my poor English..)
The suspend to RAM feature is still working as far as I know. It is not visible anymore in the UI (the zZz-icon was removed some firmware version ago).
Suspend to RAM is done automatically after several seconds (10, 20 or so) of inactivity.
Boot up of the device would only be increased by a suspend to flash, which was never implemented until now. I think that suspend to flash will need a change in the linux kernel and is thus not that easy to implement.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote