View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 08:03 PM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyle67 View Post
Well I got my pocket pro through yesterday and have been playing with it for a few hours, I had converted all my books to RTF which I found to be the best format for my 6" Bebook, I used Open Office with a border less template I found on these forums, Prob the best thing I've downloaded from here tbh.
So I copied my books across to my new Pocket Pro and found RTF to be a bit limited on the PP 2x views none of which I liked and got a few lockups too, So I read a bit more on "The best format" thread and settled on PDB mainly because Open Office supports PDB and I can keep using the no side boarder template on it, And it has multi zoom levels on PDB. I did change the font also to a custom one after reading up on here about the best fonts to use, Which I then chose (Bookman Old Style) font very nice and easy to read.
The only thing that I don't like is the fact that I have to keep my SD card plugged in to keep using the custom font, As the PP reverts back to default fonts if I remove the SD card.
If you like rtf you might want to give pure DOC files a try. Make the fonts bigger to have about 22 lines per page for good results with a DOC file. Cut the margins down in the word file. Images work and even TOC works with DOC files using the built-in word TOC builder.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote