View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 09:37 AM   #6
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
According to the User Guide, the KDX only has two PDF modes: a) portrait with margins cropped, and b) landscape with continuous pages and margins cropped. Note that in landscape mode the Kindle's screen is about as wide is a letter/A4 page. So this isn't much of a zoom, but it is at least full size.

I would have added a two-column mode where each physical page is split into 4 screens, but Amazon's thinking is obviously that simple is better and that the screen is big enough to allow this.
I know. Some papers are two colums and it would be a great thing the reader could put the two columns one behind other, but AFAIK none e-reader does that. Not DR1000 and I remember iLiad had had a hack to do that but it never worked for me...
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote