View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 02:11 AM   #36
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Of the 8 series that are less than 10 years old:
Three Body Problem
Lightless
The Fifth Season (Broken Earth)
Terms of Enlistment
Ancillary Justice (Radchaai)
First Light (The Red)
The Cold Between (Central Corps)
Leviathan Wakes (Expanse)
Only The Fifth Season and maybe Three Body Problem strike me as being literary SF, although certain groups of SF fans hate the Radchaai series as being SJW crap and therefore I guess literary fiction because the protagonist is a former AI, now in a human body, who doesn't understand gender because the society's language has no gender pronouns, and sometimes that gets tiresome. I haven't read Lightless which might be military SF/space opera base on the description, but the last five have strong elements of military SF and/or space opera, IMHO. Scalzi's Old Man's War is a little over a decade old, although much of the series was published less than 10 years old, and it's also what I would classify as military SF and/or space opera.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote