View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 04:20 AM   #2536
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
Why don't you simply send the azw3 file to the Kindle? It will support that as well. If you use the Hyphenate-this plugin on it it will even break words properly with the azw3 file.

Dave
In fact, that's what I do.
My routine is exactly that:
1) Buy - but choose "Transfer via USB"
2) Download
3) Upload to calibre
4) Hypenate-this!
5) Transfer to kindle

That's what I do, and it wouldn't change much if I had the SS hack able to extract pictures from 1-file KFX - it only would change step 4.

However, while hypenate-this would handle hypenation correctly, azw3 doesn't support typographic enhancements, such as for example ligatures.
If you don't know what I mean, have a look at how the letters "ff" renders in an azw3 and in a kfx.

So, the KFX still is superior: if I could have the KFX format typographic enhancements and the SS, I would go for that. As of now, I have to choose one of them, and SS it is.
Yet, there is something I miss, and that's why I hoped somebody had taken care of SS-hack limits.

Last edited by Ruskie_it; 07-01-2017 at 04:55 AM.
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote