View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 12:47 AM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropDeadFred View Post
Thanks Nick. I was hoping for your input as 'The REB1200 Guy'.

How much of a 'need to' is the firmware thing. Can you not get your own content on it without that version? I certainly would want to get it all the way upgraded having read some of your posts on the subject, but is there a basic level of functionality below version 3.1?

Thanks for your help!
Below firmware 3.1, there is 2.0 which I had with my backup REB1200 and would allow .RES folders to be transferred to the CF card, not .imp ebooks. Then there were some firmwares like 2.3 that prevented any personal content from being loaded, see the early REB1200 Yahoo Group postings or http://www.chromakinetics.com/REB1200/FAQ.htm#firmware

Plus after you migrate the firmware to 4.2, then you can purchase online/current ebooks from www.ebookwise.com or www.fictionwise.com as well as surf the internet using Impserve (much better than with the EBW1150). Have a look at my internet surfing pictures in my REB1200 Album and EBW1150 Album!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote