View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 11:08 PM   #71
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Thanks for the thoughts about changing the footer font. I have now done the following:

Custom footer code for H2O:
Quote:
replace_string = DBDC0D, `min-height: 70px;`, `min-height: 40px;`
replace_string = DBDC20, `max-height: 70px;`, `max-height: 40px;`
replace_string = DBDC3D, `footerMargin: 105;`, `footerMargin: 040;`
replace_string = DBDC58, `font-size: 16px;`, `font-size: 26px;`
replace_string = DBDC6A, `padding-bottom: 0px;`, `padding-bottom:12px;`
replace_string = DBDC80, `margin-top: 0px;`, `margin-top:-5px;`
and:

Quote:
replace_string = DBDC92, `/*font-family:none;*/`, `font-family: Delima;`
As per my earlier post, all string lengths carefully kept the same.

To get the font of the footer to match my custom side loaded font, I changed the custom font metrics to "Delima" (you need to use a typography program to do this) and dropped the fake "Delima" fonts into the fonts folder on my Aura H2O. Now, the H2O thinks my custom font is the system font Delima. I also changed the font-family in the footer string in the libnickel patch file to Delima and then patched as per normal.

**I had to refresh the fonts on my device for this to show up properly - I did this by changing the font in the book I was reading**

Below is the screenshot showing the results where both the book text and the footer text are the same custom side-loaded font. This also worked at larger sizes.

A big thanks to all those who helped in answering my questions AND for making it possible to patch my device!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	customfooterpatchresult.jpg
Views:	797
Size:	299.7 KB
ID:	130285  
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote