View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 06:09 AM   #1
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Why does the file size get reduced so much?

I have a 32MB Retail mobi. It has no chapter markers, so I was gonna convert it in Calibre and add them in the process. It worked fine, but the resulting mobi was only 8MB!

To be sure I wasn't losing anything/quality, etc, I started with the source file again (32MB) and this time in Calibre I used the following settings, in an effort to keep as close to the original as possible:

Disable font size rescaling (On)
Keep ligatures (On)
Remove first image (Off)
Remove fake margins (Off)
Do Not Convert All Images to jpeg (On)
Disable Compression of file contents (On)

But STILL the outputted mobi is 8MB!

What's happening?

Thanks
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote