View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 06:19 AM   #7
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtro View Post
I just want to be able to buy the reader, unbox it and sideload books without the need to register an account or use the manufacturers proprietary software.
Hello Xtro,

Do you mean that you don't want to create an ADE account (if you're reading epub files)?
In that case, pretty much all of them can do that, but youre experience will be somewhat different from a registered user.
Actually, my reader was never registered (I couldn't, long story). Since there's no WIFI on it, I need a computer to load the ebooks, but they need to be DRM free (or DRM freed, your choice ). Gutenberg, indie publishers and the likes are the way to go

Good luck in your search.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote