View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #9
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I'm not 100% switched to ebooks, but in large I am, because they're so convenient. I am literally out of room in my house for more paper books (and my husband keeps buying more -I'm only gradually converting him, and a lot of what he buys isn't available in e-format yet.) We not only are floor to ceiling bookshelves in all the rooms, we have boxes and drifts of more books with no place to put them.

Too, my kindle fits my hands, and isn't as heavy as most paper books are, so reading doesn't hurt my hands anymore.

I feel like I didn't leave bookstores, they left me. The B&N nearest me doesn't seem to stock the kinds of books I read, so browsing in the bookstore doesn't do me any good. If I want the latest Liaden book, for example, if I'm going to order it, I might as well get it in eformat and save postage and time. And if I want to get the latest Lois Bujold book months before it's out in paper, I can buy the eARC from Baen.

I still get some paper books - I just got Bailout Over Normandy (WWII fighter pilot's exploits after being shot down over occupied France - great reading!) because I wanted the pictures, which don't show up half as well in eformat as they do in the printed version.

But mostly, these days, I get ebooks. I can carry around a library with no problem.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote