View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 10:48 AM   #8
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I think that the OP meant that reading only fiction is a "trap" inasmuch as he wants to have a broader level of reading, so the non-fiction serves as a way of staying in the "real" world and sticking to something that allegedly has facts here and now that can be checked. At least that's my thought.

My method of reading is much like my method of organizing my office, which my wife describes as "early post hand grenade." I have all these books on my Kindle and read whatever catches my eye. If the book captures me, I finish it. If not, it sits for a while until it does. After I'm done with it, it stays on the Kindle until I re-read it. Some day, I'll put a folder on my computer of "books I've read" and start moving them there. For now, I have plenty of room on the SD, so I don't.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote