View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 12:12 PM   #2029
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
thank you for this detailed explanation i do appreciate you taking the time to do it. i can assure you i do have 4897 books in total on my Aura taking up 12.7GB of space on my 32GB external micro SD card. i do however have a lot of Bookmarks so perhaps that may account for my large 1GB database.
The freespace on the external card doesn't really matter. It's the space on the internal memory. That is were the database is. If that is overly full, it could be causing a problem. A simple issue could be rewriting the database of there is not enough space left.
Quote:
i can restore the user partition/database from my last backuo which as 4888 books on it (9 books less) with Firmware 4.25.15875 on it and the Aura powers on and off fine and works 100% ok. if i restore my last backup and delete all the unnecessary Bookmarks and then compact/vacuum the database do you think it will make the database noticeably smaller?
Possibly. It really depends on how many bookmarks get deleted. If you do it, delete the rows in the Bookmarks table where "Hidden = 'true'". These are annotations that have been deleted through the interface but not cleaned up yet. They should be deleted either when a sync is done or the book is reopened.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote