View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 12:48 PM   #18
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I use something which in the UK are called 'home plugs' but I believe that in the US they're called 'powerlines'. They are large plugs which go into electrical power sockets.
They are really special radio transmitters helped by the home wiring which acts as an aerial. All cause interference to Shortwave radio. Newer faster ones interfere with FM radio and even Air band.
They work badly if there is SMPSU / Charger / CFL / LED psu interference. They are mostly using the mains for power.
The makers get them to pass FCC / CE /CSA by a cheat, either only plugging one in, or not sending data, or too short mains cable. Actual ethernet cable is really cheap and can run at a genuine 1000Mbps. WiFi speed depends on distance, equipment, number of users etc.
Actual home network speed is unrelated to the Internet connection speed (via Broadband, Mobile/cell or Satellite terminal).
I used to be an RF design engineer at an Internet Service Supplier. That's why I know.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote