View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 08:15 AM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
I don't know how match it's safe to go from 4.x to 3.19, did somebody try it?

The way I do it:
  • Backup all content of the device just in case.
  • Do a factory reset.
  • Select language, connect via PC (Kobo desktop is off), load the FW (the whole package ,upgrade, KoboRoot.tgz, manifest.md5sum), to .kobo, and disconnect the USB cable, it will install the FW.
  • Again connect via PC, copy the FW patching file KoboRoot.tgz to .kobo, with the patch `Block WiFi firmware upgrade` enabled, it will patch the FW.
  • Connect via wifi, registered, set time..., it will tell you "your device is up to date".

You can try replacing the file KoboReader.sqlite (books metadata, reading stat...) in .kobo from the backup you made, just backup the new one if it doesn't work.
Thank you! Can you clarify "Kobo desktop"? What is that?

I have less than 50 sideloaded books on my reader so a factory reset wouldn't hurt. I'd need to write down various locations in my books though. However I not going to be the first to try it in case it messes something up.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote