View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 08:31 AM   #4
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
This is from the US site. It gives instructions for the removal of special offers. Since you spoke with Amazon via chat perhaps this information is outdated, though I have not heard anything previously about not being able to remove such offers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=200671290
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I have had special offers removed from a Kindle in the UK. Where are you?
Thank you for your answers -- I'm in my home country at the moment (Italy), but I bought the Kindle while I was studying abroad in Japan, and it's set up with a amazon.co.jp account. Following the instructions from the US site above I went into the Device page but there's no Special Offers option. It is there, instead, in the corresponding page on the amazon.it website (I have another account there with a Kindle 4 registered).

I guess it might be a Japan-only policy. Would it be possible to register it with my Italian account, pay for the removal of the offers and then reregister it again with my Amazon.co.jp account? I would keep using the Italian account on it but I use my Paperwhite almost exclusively for Japanese content, so not having access to the .co.jp store would be a problem for me.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote