View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
I've learned science from textbooks, and you have to concentrate and go slow. It's nothing like this silly video.

Is there any evidence that being able to turn a DNA model in 3D is going to made it easier to understand how the amino acids fit together? I find it implausible. As for calling up your friends, what makes us so sure they have mastered the material? Instead, the student needs to save up questions for the recitation or office hours.

The way I want to supplement text material I don't understand is to read a differently worded explanation. Wikipedia is good for this. Paying $500 to get iPad eye-candy -- which for most US undergradautes means $500 more in student loans -- makes little sense.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote