View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #243
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnor View Post
So, the questions:

1) Can I highlight, use dictionary and annotate in all text formats (ePubs but also PDFs, txt, etc)
I have never tested before, but it doesn't support the dictionary or annotations for PDFs and TXT. I assume it will only do it fro ePub and kepub.
Quote:
2) Highlighting text is so horrible and painful?
For single words, it is easy. For longer text, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193074 for a discussion on how to do it and opinions.
Quote:
3) I read Kobo's firmware has some bugs and is tech service is not as good as we want, but which bugs are we talking about? Is unstable, or something?
With the recently released firmware, there is an issue with reading epubs that are on the SD card. If you are reading one and let the reader go to sleep, when you wake it and press the screen the reader restarts. That is the only situation that I am sure of. There have been some other restarts mentioned, but I don't have a feel for whether they are related to this problem or are something else. Kobo are fixing the problem now and appear to have pulled

Overall, the Kobo Touch, the predecessor to the Glo, has been stable. Just about any restart I have had was due to me doing something that I probably shouldn't have.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote