View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #2643
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I had firmware version 3.2.1 up until last night, but overnight my Kindle was updated to 3.4. I thought that the jailbreak stopped the Kindle from automatically updating. Is that no longer true? Or was it only true for YiFanLu's hack? I updated from that a while back, but haven't bothered since because I thought the hacks stopped the automatic updates. I assume there should be no problems, but wanted to check with the people in the know.

I have version 0.10.N jailbreak and 0.25.N screensaver hack currently and the update instructions say I shouldn't need to update in most cases, so I haven't. Should I update anyway?

If I should update, the update notes say "Next, no need to run the update_*_uninstall.bin updates, ever. (except in some specific cases, like if you're updating the jailbreak on a 3.x device, or from another font/ss hack [in which case you should use the original uninstaller for your hacks, and not the ones found here])." So, I will need to find the 0.10.N uninstaller to do this, correct? Or is that just if you were using another font/ss hack? It is not clear to me. I think I have the old install/uninstall files somewhere, just not with me.

Thank you!
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote