View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 11:56 PM   #5
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I watch telly via antenna. We thought about Foxtel/Austar (consider them cable/premium cable/satellite), but decided that a lot of what they've got extra is just crap, we'd get sufficient watchable stuff on free-to-air if we just Tivo'd it (a one-off cost for the Tivo box), and that, with our seachange move, we wanted to spend less time watching the telly and more time enjoying the point of the move (suffice to say, it's a pretty nice place to live). What that means is that pretty much everything we watch has been Tivo'd, and we're never watching as it's broadcast.

We're not really into much in the way of series such that we must have it now!, and never miss an episode (and it wouldn't make much difference anyway - it's often the free-to-air/antenna channels that have that content). I'll concede an exception in that we like NCIS, and were pretty happy the free-to-air/antenna channel had the recent newest episodes coming out less than a week after US broadcast.

We still watch lots of telly though (I sometimes miss from Foxtel a couple of the music channels and the cooking shows on the lifestyle channels), and our free-to-air still has a reasonably dominant position in bidding for content, and so we still get stuff on free-to-air pretty much straight away from OS (by which I mean, as early as it can be got - we're still usually behind, cable or antenna, on OS content).

I think things are different down this way.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote