View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 03:43 AM   #39
Rob612
Rob612 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I cant really think of any technical upgrade worth the the actual upgrade od the K2i (ok, that sounds cacophonic, i know ).

Of course any improvement would be nice, but personally i dont feel the need. There are a few things id like to see, but honestly, even improving the processor speed and the display responsiveness would not do anything that will make me really want to upgrade. If i have to think to something, i would like to have the page buttons layed out slightly different, but thats because of my reading postions habits and i adapted very easily to how they are now and, perhaps mor important to me, but I am a color freak, being a photographer i do notice certain details, i would change the white framing with either a neustral (18%) grey or another darker color just to make the eink diplay background look more "white" as the contrast with the frame make it look darker than what it is. Again, nothing that one cant get used to, and very easily. Overall, I'm an happy camper the way it is, even if they dont improve anything, i really dont care.

Thinner ? hmmm... not sure it would be a good thing, i have it in its original leather jacket and i personally like a bit of thinkness, as long as it doesnt increase the weight, so... as is, works for me.

Battey life ? Im happy with it, and i do travel a lot. I have to say that i always travel with a notebok or netbook anyway, so that makes things easier for charging if needed.

WiFi ? What for, afterall ? to use more battery ? I even keep the wireless usually turned off, unless i need to shop, and being the 3G conection free, i can absolutely wait the limted speed I achieve on that, if im up for shoppng for a book, it just means i have the time for it. Otherwise, i'd be busy doing something else.

The real improvements i'd like to see arent feasible i guess. Id like to be able to log in onto another library (i.e. B&N) and shop on that as well, but afterall i do understand the market needs, and Amazon was really the main reason i went for the K2i, only thing i really wanted was a huge library behind it.

As i said before, to me its just a book. With lots of pages and titles and stuff to read The delay in turning pages ? well yes, its there, but... how long does it takes to turn a paper page ? More or less, thats it. And if youre in some weird position (i.e. on a beach with lots of wind, where you keep the book not fuly opne but usually wrapped on itself because of the wind) it may take even more. So, thats a non issue for me.
Rob612 is offline   Reply With Quote