View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 12:47 AM   #23
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
Downloads of ebook definitely kill paper back sales and I cannot think why it would not - is the whole point of inventing "ebook" to replace casual paperbacks and save trees?
Maybe in future years. Ebook sales are not yet high enough to account for a significant dropoff in paperback sales (generally speaking). A few percent, at most. But not 50-70%. Free downloads, on the other hand, can run into much larger numbers.

Mind you, I don't think the free downloads are the cause of the problem I'm describing. But I also think they did not have the boosting effect I was hoping for.

Except for my backlist, for which I am grateful.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote