View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 03:31 PM   #5
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Don't understand a word of Danish, but I enjoyed it. Haven't seen anything so detailed in the US. It sounded like he was complaining about either the lack of Danish books or the surcharge. Did I pick that up correctly?
Despite living here my language skills are not much better than yours I have to confess (Danes speak such terrific English I'm not really incentivised to get better - which is a really crap excuse but can't do any better at the moment). Ebook reader take-up in Denmark seems rather slow - though the public library system does have ebooks for loan. Hopefully the TV piece will give it a bit of a boost, though I suspect the development of commercial Danish language ebooks will not be rapid, simply because there are only about 5 and a half million Danish speakers in the world - and many of those choose to read in English anyway.
Anyway, posting the link allowed me to accrue some good karma (real karma, not MR karma (though I did get some of that too), after I started a discussion on General Discussions about Kindles, which seems to have provoked one of those slanging matches.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote