Thread: PRS-300 Loading forever
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #15
RonF
Zealot
RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-300, K3 WiFi, K4 NT, PW2
I had this issue with my 300 as well. I tried to open a book (ePub format) and it would stall on the formatting, then reboot. I opened the book in Sigil and it showed a couple formatting errors. The errors appeared to be related to street names, and the error was "missing w" or something along those lines (looked like it was trying to link). I went to the errored lines and manually corrected them (removed the original "w" as the closing "w" was not there), loaded the book back to the 300 and it loaded perfectly on the first shot. {I also had 1 "missing v" error that I corrected, not sure what the v/w formatting is related to}

So I'm thinking that some of these lockups are related to formatting problems and the lack of the software being able to get past them sometimes on initial formatting in the reader.
RonF is offline   Reply With Quote