View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 01:03 PM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
So if I understand you right, your wife can read a page on the Sony Reader faster than the e-ink page can turn to the next one. Thus, she dislikes the Sony Reader because it slows her reading speed too much.
Heh, yeah, she probably could. I don't know what she thinks of the Reader, really, except that it's not suited to her needs, and she agrees the display is impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I read Battlefield Earth and boy did I hate it. It was too long, too droning and could have ended in a number of different place. It was like a short story dragged out to be a tomb. It's just well, awful tripe and if anyone is concidering reading it, save yourself and run away.
I actually enjoyed it a great deal, I've re-read it a couple of times since, and expect to re-read it again in the future. Matter of taste, I s'pose -- I can't abide anything by Hemmingway, for instance, and others simply adore him.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote