Thread: 903 PB 912 hands on
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #10
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by slex View Post
Thank you for the answers. I am interested in non-scanned PDFs and when I ask about legibility I refer in this case to contrast (whether the fonts are bold enough). Provided that pdfs are properly cropped, font size should not be a problem on such a big screen for most files.
It depends on what font is used in the document. For example, math/science documents generated from LaTeX are not easy for me to read in portrait mode, and I find I have to go to landscape mode to comfortably read them.

The problem with scanned PDFs seems to be that the viewer apps use a fast but crappy image stretching algorithm to produce the output. I'm sure a better (but slower) algorithm could be used, but that's the choice that was made.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote