View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
Scan Tailor will output 600 dpi black and white images (around 3000x5000, depending on the book) which compresses great. But don't resize them, tho. Antialiasing adds unnecessary information and they won't be 1 bit images anymore. I don't like repeating myself very often so just read: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=173214

Anyway, you shouldn't have scanned straight to PDF. Now you'll probably have to extract the images from the PDF because you can't just feed Scan Tailor anything. How would you do that? I don't know. Maybe print to a virtual printer that outputs PNG or TIFF images. You'll have to do some googling.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote