View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #385
arciervo
arciervo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapabl View Post
I headed over to the local Dollar Tree Store looking for some hairbands that could double as elastic band closures for covers on my PRS-T1, as well as, for my Nook Color. I found a pack of 8 assorted color (red, blue, yellow, pink, orange, purple, white, mauve) elastic hairbands that are just right for both readers. I took the reader out of each cover, wrapped the band around the back cover, re-installed the readers and I'm good to go. There's not much extra give at all so my OEM Sony cover w/light stays closed without adding alot of bulk (same for the Nook cover). While reading, flip the band to the back over both cover flaps and you have a nice compact reading tool. B&N wants $10 for one of these type bands, I got 8 for about $.13. Hope this helps anyone looking for a solution to the flip open cover. NOTE: normal headband size might be too large and require cutting/splitting - this size was a bit smaller and works perfect so compare sizes for the smaller headbands.
What a great idea - this works like a charm. Thanks for the tip!

For the benefit of Canadians, Dollarama sells these in bunches of 7 for a dollar, in assorted colors or plain black.
arciervo is offline   Reply With Quote