View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
CarrieLeighC
CarrieLeighC began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Kobo eBookstore vs. Borders eBookstore

This is going to sound like a silly question; I apologize in advance.

I've had my Kobo for more than six months now, and enjoy the heck out of it. I love that it just e-reads. I can stay focused on a book much longer if the device also doesn't check my email. I mostly use Calibre or Digital Editions to sync books.

My question is: When I click "shop" on my wifi Kobo, am I connecting to the Kobo bookstore, or am I connecting to the Borders bookstore? I purchased my Kobo at Borders if that matters.

I ask because before I went away on a recent vacation, I navigated to Kobo's online bookstore on my desktop computer and purchased a few books. When I got to my hotel, I hooked the Kobo up to the wifi, expecting to go to the shop, sync, and have them arrive on my Kobo. But they weren't anywhere to be found! And If I navigated to the specific book in the shop, it wanted me to purchase it again.

I've since gotten the books to sync from my home computer using Digital Editions when I returned home, but it was frustrating having to read the books on the Kobo Android app (on a tiny screen) and not my Kobo on vacation.

Thanks for any insight!
CarrieLeighC is offline   Reply With Quote