View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 02:32 AM   #22
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
"How in the dueces did you get your hands on all of them?"
I'm from Germany.
I've ordered:
Sony 505 and 700:
From the US, not from Sony but from an electronics store.
In the meantime, Sony 505 (not the 700, though) officially is available in Germany from various sources.
iRex iLiad and iRex 1000S:
On iRex' website, I've looked for a German store. I've found an excellent one. I think, the owner even posts regularly on mobileread.
Cybook: Same as for iRex.
BeBook: Directly from their website.
Kindle 2 and DX: I didn't want to go through the troubles with US credit card, PO box, .... So I've ordered from eBay. Excellent experience.

Given the actual exchange rate Euroollar, it's really fun, purchasing in the US. Even considering costs for transportation and customs and VAT.

"But more importantly, can you tell how do you juggle..decide which one to read/use now?"
I'll choose my words carefully.
I legally purchase ALL my eBooks.
But somehow they end up on other devices as well.
So my problem is not about content.
So far, I've had 3 favorites: iRex iLiad, Sony 505 and Kindle 2. Between those, I've been juggling:
iRex iLiad for travelling. It's more bulky than the others, but I like to play Sudoku or Kakuro (scribbling on PDFs) on it, great for boring evenings in the hotels.
Sony 505 at home for a quick read. Lightweight, very ergonomic and simply cool. And I've got a great bag for reading in the bathtub.
Kindle 2 I didn't use for travelling yet. But will be a tough competitor to my iLiad.
Probably Kindel DX will extend my top 3 to top 4...

Basically, I've always got a single favorite. As I've got the content available for all the units, I mainly use that single favorite.
In the beginning, it was iRex iLiad.
Then it became Sony 505. For the moment, it's Kindle 2.
Might become iRex 1000S or Kindel DX next week.....

"But somehow they end up on other devices as well."
...on other devices I OWN, not on other people's units!
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote