View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #46
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMouse View Post
So, what I wanted to say...when you want to use pixlr and need any help then I will happily anwer any question that I can.
Thank you

I've looked at Pixlr. It is a very fine program, especially for an online/in-browser one. Very capable and covering at least the basics and more to boot. As far as I can see, GIMP can do anything Pixlr can, and I'm much more familiar with that program, so I'll just stick to that

Still, you may be able to help. What do you do to "embed" the ornaments into the cover, so they don't look "tacked on"?

You can tell me what you do in Pixlr. I'll transpose your workflow into GIMP myself

Quote:
No, not from scratch. It only puts text over the image but the fun is, that it takes it from your title, author and (if you wish) your series column, so you can change a lot of covers at once if you want.
You can though decide the font, text size, place and add stroke with even a different color.
Hm, OK. Nah. Not the way I work. I often replace covers directly in the book itself (in the EPUB) and fix everything that needs fixing. To do that, I rely on the EPUB editor Sigil. I want the book to be essentially perfect on import.

To each his own
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote