View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 05:47 PM   #9
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbbb View Post
Buy whatever now. I have a Cybook and it is fine. I'm sure any ebook reader is better than no ebook reader...
I agree with that feeling 100% !

ROFL .. its why im tring to decide on a ebook now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The Readius only has a QVGA screen; that's really rather poor resolution for a 5" screen. I don't personally think it's going to be that great to read on.
Hmm hadnt considered / didnt know that would be a issue. ( again not owning one is why i come here for good advice )

How much lower would that res be compared to the sony / cybook ? would it matter much for straight text? ( ie does the higher res on the other devices only come into play when you want to display graphics / book covers etc? )

I may just hold off and wait a month or two ... it seems that several potentiallly good devices are coming out in the near future.

I dont have enougho extra funds to get one reader now and turn around and get another later on.

This would be a major invest ment that id be keeping for years to come.

Thank you
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote