View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #25
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneycat1999 View Post
Now this is where my guilty conscience kicks in, when I created the new account I hid my IP address and fill in an hotel address based in US. But I was surprised that I could sign in to the new account and purchased the books with the gift cards without an anonymous IP. Am I doing the right thing here? I'll try to replace the address and fill in with a virtual US address instead. Anyone knows where I could get one without paying an exorbitant fee?
On a side note I'm so happy I could finally purchase those books.
I do the same thing at amazon to buy US geo restricted books (I am in Canada). You don't even need to hide your ip address (as long as you download book to your computer and load to device from there) and I can use my cdn credit card for purchases. For an address I just did a search for an address in Montana (pick an address in Montana as they do not have a state sales tax, so you will not get tax added to the purchase price). Think I just used a university address or something similar.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote