View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 09:04 AM   #8
thermopyle
Enthusiast
thermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Nielsen View Post
Not quite what I'm looking for. I'm still hoping that one of you clever folks will eventually come up with solution that allow the Calibre tags - which I maintain meticulously - to create collections on the Kindle.
You can use this program for that. Simply have your "Send to Disk" format include the Calibre tag column you wish to use as part of the file path output, then after the file is sent to the Calibre, run my program.

For example, set your Calibre save to disk template like this:

#Custom_Field/{title} - {authors}

This would put your files on the Kindle at this path:

x:/documents/Custom_Field/Storm Front - Jim Butcher.mobi (an example).

Then when you run my program, whatever tag value you have in Custom_Field will be used to create the collection, and any books with that particular tag value will be added to it.

At least, this should work. I haven't done it myself (I don't use any tags other than author, title, and series), but as long as you have Calibre output the file with the tag as the path, my program can use the directories it creates accordingly.
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote