View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 10:18 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
How important is cover art to you?

I treat my Calibre library like a real library and have spent some time tagging and adding metadata so everything is easily browseable and searchable. I use the cover flow browser just for fun when I am looking for a book, and I like seeing everything look beautiful, For a few books, I have even re-downloaded the cover art if a new, better version came out (Kelley Armstrong, for example---when I noticed a pattern of sleek, black designs for the last few books, I surmised this common theme might be available for reissues of older books, and they were, so I downloaded/imported them so all of them would look the same).

That said, I have a few past reads which have truly awful cover art, and it annoys me a little to scroll through my list of completed books and they all look nice like a bookstore, and then there is a garish hack job there in the middle of it I have even thought of making my own generic cover that I can use for books like this, but I am not sure how to go about it.

Just wondering if I am the only one who is a bit anal about this sort of thing. Do you ever like to browse by cover? Does it bother you, how they look? Do you try and get a series to have matching covers for all of them? Or am I the only weirdo?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote