View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 09:18 PM   #3
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Hi,

after some initial troubles, I've gotten quite fond of syncing via eBook library.
On Sony 600 and Sony 900, the collections I'm syncing appear as collections on my readers as well (exactly as intended).
On Sony 505 and Sony 700, I've got all the books from the collections I've been syncing. But I don't have all the collections themselves.
I'm syncing .lrx and .lrf to the Memory stick and .epub and .pdf to the SD card.
I'm using the same type of cards in Sony 600, 900 and Sony 505.
On Sony 600 and 900, I've got the 4 collections and all the books.
On Sony 505 and Sony 700, I've got all the books, but only the 2 collections (.epub and .pdf) from the SD card.
I didn't check yet, whether it's the card type (my guess) or the book format. Or maybe the "old" readers just can't show collections of 2 cards?

Anyone else got the same?
(As it's the same on Sony 505/700 and Sony 600/900, it can't be coincidence, there has to be some systematic behind it.)
I've had no problem syncing collections with my reader's internal memory, as well as to a memory card (using the SD slot) using the EBook Library. My library consists of both PDF ebooks and BBeB ebooks, and both show up on my reader with no problems. I currently have 13 collections in my library and I designate some collections for my ereader's internal memory, and others for the SD card and the collections (and their ebooks) are loaded in the correct location.

The only time some of my collections didn't show up on my reader is when I didn't let the EBook Library complete the sync process (I removed my ereader from my library too soon). When I synced again and let the process finish the collections were back where they should be. Now, I make sure I wait until the sync screen shows "Completed" for both the internal memory and the SD card before I remove my ereader from my computer.

What I've found works best is to use collections to control the ebooks loaded on my ereader (only ebooks in a collection are loaded on my reader). I do all of the ebook management work in the EBook Library without my ereader connected to my computer. The only time I connect my ereader to my computer is to sync it with the Ebook Library and then I disconnect it when it's finished (I have an AC adapter for charging my reader).

I hope this helps.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote