View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 08:24 AM   #15
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I really enjoyed that book. It's funny how everyone seems to like it, but different people find completely different parts useful. I tried the @ categories, but they turned out to be pretty much useless for me and too much trouble to keep up. I simple keep separate home and work to do lists instead. But I've heard others talk about how helpful the @ categories are, so I guess it depends on each person's particular context.

The part that helped me most was the two concepts of a trusted reliable place to put everything (so you don't have to waste your mental and emotional energies trying to keep track of stuff), and the weekly review where you make sure everything's aligned properly at the project level and the task level. I still don't do weekly reviews and keep things all well-ordered, but the system still helps me anyway.

I look forward to hearing what others think about GTD or how they use it.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote