View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Post The MobileRead Literary Book Club Begins

Well, let's try this and see what happens! I've gotten a few requests after mentioning it in another thread, so I've decided to start a thread for it.

There is already another great general interest MobileRead book club that covers a wide variety of genres, but the goal of this one is specifically to enjoy "literature" together. The idea is that each month we will select and read a well-regarded work and have a group discussion of it afterwards.

If there ends up being only a few of us, we can discuss how we want to proceed. Perhaps if we continue we'll just decide amongst ourselves each month which book to read and keep everything in one thread.

If there is enough interest, we could follow the structure of the general book club, with nominations and voting for the selection.

If no one expresses interest in this thread, well, I suppose this thread will softly float away and at least I can say I tried.

My hope is that this club will be a fun and rewarding experience, and possibly help to broaden our understanding of the works we're reading from the input and opinions of others.

What constitutes "literature" is debatable but we can decide as a group what we'd like to focus on. Some possibilities to give an idea of kinds of literature we could select from include modern, Asian, Medieval, poetry, historical, European, ancient, non-fiction, 18/19th century, philosophical, etc.

Any suggestions or advice are of course appreciated. If there is interest, our first month will be June, so we will choose our first selection within the next two weeks.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote