View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #8
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You forgot to flick your "Stogie" while doing the eyebrow thing

Figuring out, just what Sigil does in different places is my challenge. Not everything works the way I expect it to happen.
LOL, that's the understatement of the year! I'm nearly always surprised by something with every book I make. I mostly love it, though.

I tried to think of something clever to say about a metaphorical stogie, but my imagination failed me, probably because I've spent the day wrestling with the fools at Amazon. Honestly.... Don't get me wrong; what they've done for ebook publishing is the bee's knees, as they say...but bejaysus they can be a royal pain in the @ss to deal with about book formatting!! I've been back and forth with them about 10 times now as to WHY a Calibre-formatted .mobi won't work on K4PC, so I finally gave the frack up and ran the original Sigil-epub thru to .mobi and then back again to Calibre-gen'd-epub, through KindleGen, to get a .mobi that Amazon can't claim is somehow faulty on my part for any failure to display on K4PC. Just because THEY don't have K4PC working properly. Wankers.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote