View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #9
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Good to know

Did gatekeeper give you any trouble? The calibre OS X app is signed as of the last release so it should have worked.
With 10.8 Mountain Lion, in System Preferences / Security & Privacy there are still options to "allow applications downloaded from":
O Mac App Store
O Mac App Store and identified developers (that's identified by Apple)
O Anywhere (any app regardless where it came from)

When selecting the last option, OS X pops up a message that it is less secure, instead you can "allow an individual application from an unknown developer by control-clicking its icon and selecting Open," but lets the choice stand if desired.

Don't know how long the last option will be there…

If I recall correctly calibre opened fine for me without that option set.

I also experienced calibre 0.8.61 having problems reopening automatically after a system restart. Otherwise everything seems fine. Connect to iTunes works for me too.

Last edited by unboggling; 07-26-2012 at 07:07 PM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote