View Single Post
Old 01-11-2024, 02:55 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Thought View Post
The instructions I have for installing Sigil on Ubuntu states you have to compile the source into a working application, and gives instructions on how to do so. So I'm searching unsuccessfully for that version (or a recent previous if necessary), or one recommended by the Sigil gurus, to achieve what I want.

If you feel it's worth your time, I'd be happy to follow along in your wake. Thanks in advance!
v0.9.9 is truly ancient, but if you insist on needing to build/install it, it's quite easy to browse the source (including the build documentation) by the version tag:

https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil/tree/0.9.9/docs

Even the oldest version of Sigil packaged for Raspbian is v1.4.3, (the newest is 2.0.1) so you may have your work cut out for you. Will you be using Raspbian on your Pi? Or perhaps Debian or Arch? Knowing that will probably go a long way toward being able to help. EDIT: Never mind, you said Ubuntu. The latest Ubuntu for Pi will probably have binary packages for Sigil in their repos. Much more recent than 0.9.9 most likely, but still....

Perhaps things might be better on the Pi 5, but I never had the patience to try and use Sigil on a Pi4B+. Much, much too slow to be usable for me. And as Kevin already mentioned, I'm not certain an older version of QtWebKit is even doable on the Pi.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-11-2024 at 03:03 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote