View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 02:44 AM   #15
Lowantong
Lowantong began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branch Delay View Post
This is a factory image specific tool to install the jailbreak/developer key into /etc/uks. In theory, this should be generic to all current Kindle factory images.

Instructions within the file.

I have only tested this once on a KV. This should remove the requirement to upgrade to 5.6.5 and use my previous jailbreak for the KV/PW3/KT2. i.e., downgrade to the factory image, run this, install NiLuJe update package, then update to the latest kindle firmware and reboot. The goal is a slightly easier experience for everyone.

I'd appreciate it if someone with a PW3 would test this instead of updating to 5.6.5 for the webkit jailbreak. Bad things might happen, so beware until any success reports come in.

Note that this isn't needed for older devices such as the PW2. I believe those can be jailbroken using older techniques on the factory firmwares.

Seems that the ixtab busybox tar flaw is still present on 5.8 firmware baselines as Amazon hasn't updated busybox since around 2010. I'm not entirely sure why this works, I'll look at the source later.

Version History:
1.0 - Initial Release
1.1 - Typos.
>>> Report
PW3 SN: G090 G205 xxxx xxxx v5.6.1.1 - ok
PW3 SN: G090 G105 xxxx xxxx v5.6.1.1 - not ok
PW2 SN: 9017 xxxx xxxx xxxx v5.6.1.1 - not work as well

Last edited by Lowantong; 07-12-2016 at 03:09 AM.
Lowantong is offline   Reply With Quote