View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 05:24 AM   #25
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I haven't used fetch annotations recently, but I can't say I have ever seen any problems with it.

There are some bugs with the annotation management. This is one of them.
Is there an easy way to read and edit the xml files, or extract just the annotations from it? I'm not used to editing xml and all the xml codes are kind of distracting. I'd like an easy way just to get the highlighted texts and annotations in a simpler word processor.[/QUOTE]

Not without writing some code.[/QUOTE]

That's what I suspected. A pity no one has written a simple editor or extraction programme yet that convert the annot-files into something more easily usable for the average reader.

It's beyond my abilities. I've just had a look at the xml in Editpad. I thought basically deleting all text between </text> and <text> would serve my purposes -- but my knowledge of regular expressions is so limited I can't even manage that (i.e. remove each string of </text><anything in between><text>).

By the way, I'm pretty sure the fetch annotation command left me with only part of the highlights for one book in the comments field. I compared it with the annot file, and the highlights missing in Calibre really were there in the file.
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote