View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #9
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Consoles are, at least for me, lousy for reading text. They have all the disadvantages of a computer with none of the advantages (high resolution, etc.). And you can't sit in a comfortable chair and read however you feel like; you're tethered to that TV. Even reading the news on my Wii feels kind of awkward.
Well, actually, the PS3 and 360 do output at high resolutions. I have my 360 hooked up to my PC monitor, actually. And if you have a HDTV, they use it. Some games even go up to 1080p, though most are 720 (or somewhat less). But a book reading app would could do 1080p on either...

It's just the Wii doesn't, being slightly less powerful than the original Xbox...(which actually could also output some hi-res stuff, IIRC)
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote